The Mortlands of Monticello

The Mortlands of Monticello
Living everyday to the fullest and one at a time

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Last Few Weeks

Well since the last time I was on here a few things have happened. Let's see where to start.....

Well my parents after a month decided that a dog was a must in their lives (at least my dad's) so after meeting a few pooches at the Humane Society, they found a little girl named Missy and they named her Miss Maizy!! I know a lot like Daisy....I wasn't sure how I felt about that, but the truth is it's their baby and she is a cute little pitty mix. I will get pictures soon. She is about a year old and still very much a puppy. :)

Let's see.....We have had a busy few weeks but luckily nothing too big has happened. I managed to sleep on my neck wrong one night and I tell you, it was a pain I have not yet had in my neck and I am happy it is feeling MUCH better today!!

The boys seem to be loving school and I am very proud of Jackson. He got 100% on his spelling test last week and it was the challenge list. He got all the words, the high frequency words and the "surprise" words as I call them, correct!! We studied really hard for it and it paid off. He also got a B on his Math 18/20 correct I was very happy about that as well (since Math is not my strong suit). Jack also lost another tooth and is already working on another one!!

Alex has been enjoying art and he seems to be having a great time in school. He loves his friends and is very proud everyday to stay on "green". He also has his first two lower front teeth loose with the permanent already coming it.

Jim is looking for another job since his will be ending in a few months and has had several interviews and calls already and we are just waiting on the right one. He received one from Chicago but we think that pushes how far we are willing to go.... (I don't want to leave Monticello and I think Jim agrees as well). So crossed fingers...I would love to have my hubby back on days.

Kian is growing great!! He is a very active baby, moving all the time and not gracefully either. I can't wait to see him and snuggle him. I am getting more and more excited. Of course that is when I don't think about all the things that come with a new baby again. :0)

Otherwise as a whole we are all doing well and have a family reunion this weekend in Southern IL that we are all looking forward to. We can't wait and I will post pictures when we get back.

We hope you are all doing well out there and until next time......

Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment