The Mortlands of Monticello

The Mortlands of Monticello
Living everyday to the fullest and one at a time

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pumpkin Day :)

Today was our family pumpkin carving day. As a tradition we carve our pumpkins here at home in the morning and then head over to my folks in the afternoon and have a meal with my parents, my brother and his wife, and us. After the meal we have a Halloween themed dessert...it was a pumpkin shaped cake this year.... then we all carve a pumpkin. 

This year at home Jack and Alex did great Jack O Lantern faces and Jim and I did a dead man's face for ours. This was the first year the boys really did the carving for the most part (with a little help from dad). Mom always get's the fun part of gutting the pumpkins since the "men" in my family are grossed out by it. :)


At my folks we had a great surprise of faces again this year. We all do a pumpkin (Jim and I shared this year) but we don't tell anyone what we are doing. It is a lot of fun and the surprise when it is all done is great. Alex did another great Jack O Lantern face and Jack did a Maple Leaf (yes it is a Maple Leaf) and a little Pumpkin, and Jim and I did Jack the Pumpkin King from A Nightmare before Christmas.  Our family had a great batch as well this year in creativity. 

In the past we did the real hard carvings with the tools and the patterns but this year we all did it free hand with no patterns and it made it real special.



I hope you like the pictures I know we had a blast doing it, and once again it is a family tradition that we cherish greatly. :)

Love to my family
Liz, Jim, Jack, Alex, and (Kian)

No comments:

Post a Comment