The Mortlands of Monticello

The Mortlands of Monticello
Living everyday to the fullest and one at a time

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treating

So yesterday was Halloween and it was a great one. The boys dressed up as Darth Vader (Alex), a Jawa (Jack), Daddy was a generic made up into whatever you want it to be costume, and I was a pregnant cat with stickies on me that read: BE KIND SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!! :0) I thought it was pretty clever.




Our first stop on our venture was the Buenekemper household. Lisa's has a Halloween Party every year and there are always a large group of friends that get together with there little ones and eat and trick or treat. Well this year was no different, there were around 40 people I thin there. It was crazy, but super fun! There was great food, friends, and fun. The boys had a blast and I know Jim and I enjoyed ourselves as well. 

Our next venture was to Champaign to actually trick or treat. The boys love to go over to my folks neighborhood, because there are a few houses they love to go to and we have some family friends in that neighborhood as well that love to see the boys. So we got to my folks at 6:05 and we started our trick or treating there. We only made it an hour this year (not even a full hour) before the boys wanted to call it quits. Last year we went the whole two hours and man did they have A LOT of candy. This year they made it out with a basket 3/4 full (which is fine with mom). 

After we did our trick or treating we left mom and dad's (after a piece of candy and a quick bathroom break) and headed over to my brother and sister in laws house to trick or treat there. My brother was so proud of his decorations this year. The boys just love there Uncle Jake and Aunt Courtney of course that helps when Uncle Jake let's them take as much candy as they could possibly want from the basket. :0)

After leaving my brothers we headed over to Jim's parents house and trick or treated there. The boys got some nice baskets with some candy in it and a Halloween card. By that time they were pretty tired and so was mom and dad. We stayed there about 30 mins and then headed home. We got home about 8:50 and the boys took showers (in which poor sweet Alex cried the entire shower because he was SO tired) and then they headed off to bed.

It was a great day/evening/night. I hate that I don't have Jim on the weekends at all, but I will say it is super nice having a "normal" week this month with him when it comes to his schedule at work. The boys have half days today and we are going to go in an see my folks since we haven't been able to do that in a month (during the week). My B-day is in 7 days (I will be the big 3-0) it makes me want to cry. We are also down to only 64 days until we are holding our little one!! I am very excited and ready to be done....9 weeks left from today.

I hope everyone had a fun and safe Halloween :0) Here's to November!!

No comments:

Post a Comment